ARTEMBER CELEBRATES ALBERTA CULTURE DAYS SEPT 28-30 IN NOSE CREEK PARK!
Three amazing days jam packed with ARTivities and entertainment, food and dun for everyone!
Second Annual ARTember Youth Performing Arts Showcase at Nose Creek Park
Sept 28, 9 am – 2 pm
PLEASE NOTE THIS SCHEDULE HAS BEEN REVISED FROM THE PRINTED VERSION NEW TIMES ARE SHOWN HERE:
- 8:30 am – 9:00 am R.J. Hawkey Grade 4 Students
- 9:00 am – 9:30 am George MacDougall High School Band and Saxophone Quartet
- 9:30 am – 10:00 am Ecole Edwards Elementary Choir
- 10:00 – 10:30 am Our Lady Queen of Peace Elementary Musical
- (Sing Me a Song) Sr. and Jr. Choir
- 10:30 am – 11:00 am Good Shepherd Grade 7/8 Band
- 11:00 am – 11:30 pm Nose Creek Elementary Choir
- 11:30 pm – 12:00 pm Ralph McCall Grade 4 Students
- 12:00 pm – 12:30 pm A.E. Bowers Grade 4 Students
- 12:30 pm – 1:00 pm St. Martin de Porres Sr. High Concert Band
- 1:00 pm – 1:30 pm Bert Church High School Jazz Band
5 pm –midnight | Airdrie Rodeo Dinner & Dance
Don’t put those boots away yet! The Airdrie Rodeo Ranch Association invites you to wind down your week with an evening of dining and dancing under the heated tent at Nose Creek Park. Enjoy a roast beef dinner and live entertainment with rising country music star Mark Llorenz. Tickets are $30.00 each and available only online at airdrierodeodinneranddance.eventbrite. ca until September 21. After this date please call Barb at 403.948.4073. limited tickets issued.
StreetARt Attack! Saturday and Sunday Sept 29, 30 11 am – 4 pm
Airdrie youth take over the old skateboard park at the entrance to Nose Creek and turn it into one giant canvas. All the aerosol paint is provided and professional artists are on hand to show you how to leave your mark in a very creative space!
ATCO presents Culture at the Creek 11 am – 4 pm Saturday and Sunday Sept 29, 30 Nose Creek Park is bursting with artivities, music and fun for the whole family. Two large HEATED tents, two outdoor stages and unlimited imagination including:
- Welcome Airdrie Passport Fun – children are invited to explore the Artisan tent filled with artists and local community groups sharing their culture and history, try your hand at an ethnic craft, get your passport stamped and once you’ve “travelled” the whole tent enter to win some fun prizes.
- Wheely Cool Art – jump on one of our bicycles and ride it through the Home Hardware paint to help us create one giant masterpiece that we will never “tire” of.
- 4Cats Art Studio in the Park – little ones are invited to throw on an art smock and get creative by painting and sculpting. We will offer ‘Sam’ Cat silk screens prepared for the kids to color in, Spin art and 2-large canvases (1-Starry Night and 1-Splatter Canvas). This will allow plenty of opportunity for the large number of kids coming through, to all join in on the group project. The large canvases will be donated to the event, to be used for future auctions or display in a community venue
- SLAMming on the Rockyview ReMax Stage! – Live music keeps the entertainment tent rocking all day with a full line up of local musical acts, bands and singers.
- Dancing in the Park – local and area dance troupes strut their stuff from tiny tappers to the ethnic grace of Bollywood.
- Memory Lane – explore the history of Airdrie and try your hand at a memory project to take home with the Nose Creek Valley Museum
- Artisans Alley – meet local artists, see their work and maybe buy a piece or two to grace your home. (Art improves every room!)
- Western Ways – the Airdrie & District Agcriculture Society has an entire outdoor pavilion set up for kids of all ages to explore our agriculture roots, games, crafts, skill challenges, displays and more make learning about the old west way too much fun!!! Don’t miss the Airdrie Lioness Old Fashioned Candy Store and meet the Airdrie Rodeo Royalty.
Up! In the Park BBQ Saturday Sept 29 5 pm – 9 pm Join the promotions team from Up 97.7 for a family fun evening with a fundraising BBQ for the arts, live entertainment and prizes!
Cowboy Church Service & FREE Pancake Breakfast Sunday Sept 30 9 AM Spend Sunday morning in Nose Creek Park with a rousing rendition of an inter-denominational western style Cowboy Church Service with the Fellowship of Christian Cowboys and enjoy a traditional Stampede Breakfast sponsored by the Airdrie Butcher Shoppe and Starbucks and hosted by the Calgary Stampede Batter Boys complete with live entertainment, special guests including Harry the Horse and Stampede style fun to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the Stampede. Breakfast is limited to the first 500 people and is served immediately preceding the church service at 9 am sharp. (Note: Pork Sausage will be served). Church Service commences at 10 am
The Great Cupcake Eating Challenge Sunday Sept 30 2 pm How many cupcakes can you eat in eight minutes? Did you know the record is 42??? If you think you can even come close (9, 10?) then be one of the first 24 people to register online at firstname.lastname@example.org before Sept 28.
The actual eating frenzy takes place in Nose Creek Park on the Rockyview ReMax Stage at 2 pm. The winner gets MORE cupcakes ( if you want) because the winner receives a $250 gift certificate, an incredibly cool t-shirt, their photo on the wall of fame at the Cakery and bragging rights of course… until next year!
1000 Strings Sunday Sept 30 3:30 pm– Bring your guitar, violin, viola, banjo or ukulele and join musicians from across Airdrie for a jam session in Nose Creek Park to close ARTember. LEARN the songs by watching the three videos posted by Blakkstone Hexx